- You are here: Home > Kremezin
You are here
Each 2gram Polyethylene-laminated aluminum sachet contains Spherical Carbon Adsorbent 2grams, Available in box of 84s, Black odorless granules
When this product was administered orally to patients with chronic renal failure in the conservative therapy , it inhibited the increase of serum creatinine , improved uremic symptoms & prolonged the time to the initiation of dialysis.
Mechanism of Action:
When this product is administered orally to patients with chronic renal failure , it improves the uremic symptoms & prolongs the time to initiation of dialysis , since the uremic toxins are adsorbed by this product in the digestive tract & excreted with the feces.
Absorption & excretion ( reference : Mice )
When C-labeled Spherical Carbon Adsorbent ( Kremezin ) was administered orally to mice , it was excreted with the feces almost completely within 24 hours after dministration & no in vivo absorption or accumulation of this product were noted.
For improvement of uremic symptoms & for prolonging the time to initiation of dialysis in chronic renal failure ( progressive )
Dosage & Administration:
For oral use, the recommended dose is 1g per 10kg bw divided 3 times daily.
Store at temperatures not exceeding 40 °centigrade . Protect from moisture.
Food , Drug , Devices & Cosmetic Act prohibits dispensing without the physician’s prescription .
- References :
- Akizawa, T. et al. : Kidney & Dialysis , 45(3) , 373( 1998 )
- Sugano, M. et al. : The Clinical Report , 21(5) , 2411(1987)
- Koshikawa, S. et al. : Kidney & Dialsis , 23(2) , 373(1987)
- Koide, K. et al. : Clinical Evaluation , 15(3) , 527(1987)
- Koshikawa, S. et al. : Kidney & Dialsis , 21(1) , 199(1986)
- Kanai, F. et al. :Japanese Journal of Nephrology , 28(9) , 1249(1986)
- Sakai, T. et al. : Japanese Journal of Nephrology , 31(4) , 359(1989)
- Koide, K. et al. : Japanese Journal of Clinical Medicine , 43(Special Issue)
- Newly-revised Maintenance Dialysis, 422(1985)